Last Updated on April 30, 2021
Are you curious about moon magic? Or are you interested in attracting love or money or better experiences into your life? If so, the supermoon is a wonderful time to start exploring you powers. If you’re trying to manifest something into your life, release negative energy or heighten your psychic ability, the supermoon can help you to do so. Supermoon rituals can be fun, easy and powerful. In fact, they can usher events into your life that are life-changing.
As I write this, a supermoon is approaching on April 26, 2021. I know that I’m planning to do a ritual to help usher in my desires, and I suggest that you do too. The supermoon occurs when the moon’s orbit brings a full moon to the point closest to the Earth. Because the full moon is literally closer to us than usual, it looks larger and is truly a beautiful sight. But there’s much more to the supermoon than a pretty picture. The supermoon’s energy is even more powerful than a traditional full moon’s energy. The supermoon’s energy will be strong on the day of the full moon, as well as the day before and after. So let’s go back and review how the full moon’s energy can impact our lives.
The full moon is a great time to release things that we don’t want. It is also a good time to focus your psychic energy on creating your ideal life. Your psychic ability is naturally stronger during a full moon. When there is something in my life that I want to release, such as a relationship that’s not working, fear around a certain activity or a job that I no longer want to do, I tend to wait for the full moon and burn a candle or do another ritual that symbolizes my desire to release those things from my life. Do you want to manifest something? For everything you want to manifest, there is something you should release first. Releasing things makes room for the new.
For example, before I can attract a new love, I must release my desire and feelings for my former love. Before I attract a new job, I can release my fears that I am not qualified to do what I dream to do. Using the supermoon to focus on releasing thoughts, experiences and people that no longer serve us can help us to release those things sooner, which can help us to manifest what we desire faster. Who doesn’t want that outcome?
Supermoon Rituals to Try
1. If you’ve been thinking about smudging, this is the time to do it. Smudging, or burning sage, is a ritual designed to get rid of negative energy in your environment. Here’s an article on how to smudge your house. Smudging under the energy of a supermoon will intensify your desire and make the smudging more effective. If you’ve been experiencing a string of bad luck, this might be one of the best supermoon rituals you can do to give yourself a fresh start. All you need to do this ritual is a smudge kit.
2. De-cluttering is another ritual that you might try under the supermoon energy. Whenever I’m not happy with how things are going in my life, I throw away things I’m no longer using. It doesn’t matter what it is; I go through drawers and closets and toss things I haven’t used in awhile. I end up feeling better and I notice that new people, experiences and opportunities always pop up. It also works if there are material things you want. Do you want a new wardrobe? Set that intention during the supermoon and then during that same supermoon period, give away or throw out clothes you no longer want.
3. Cleansing supermoon rituals are powerful at this time. Take an Epsom Salt bath to release the toxins that are in your body. Cleanse and charge your crystals under the light of the full moon. Both of these activities will help to release negativity that may be around you.
4. A pen and paper are all that is needed for another ritual. Write down what you want to release from your life. Don’t write anything about how this will happen; leave it up to the Universe to determine that. You can list people, experiences, feelings, fears — you can list absolutely anything. Once you write it down, you can bury the list or burn it to allow the energy to be transmuted into the Universe.
5. One of my favorite rituals for release is to burn a black candle. Set your intention by stating what you wish to release. Then burn the candle until it burns down. When the candle burns down, you know that your intention has made its way into the Universe.
If you don’t get a chance to do these rituals during a supermoon, that’s ok. You can do these rituals any time, though they will be most effective around any full moon or when the moon begins to wane.